Fly Girl Layover Cream
Whether you're between flights, chukars, sets, or husbands... sometimes your face is majorly DEHYDRATED. We made Fly Girl Layover Cream at the request of our friends who fly on business ALL THE TIME. They complain that when they get to their hotel and look in the mirror, they have "Plane Face." Dry, thin, dull skin is not the look you're going for when you walk into the lobby bar.
This cream is designed to be all you need to pack for your day/night hydration cream/serum combo. Travel light. You can even use the hotel cleanser. Layover Cream has, of course, hyaluronic acid to attract moisture, but we were looking for more.... We found one such rock star with Beta Glucan, from the mushroom family. Here's what it does:
- Serves as 'protect and repair' molecule as it increases natural self- protecting capabilities of the skin and also accelerates skin recovery
- Due to its high molecular weight it also has good water-binding capacity and therefore moisturizing effects
- Has been shown to stimulate collagen production in-vitro and can reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Then, we added Ceramides, and here's what's said about this adorable ingredient:
- Studies have found that topically applied ceramides can penetrate and accumulate in the skin
- Can improve the appearance of aging skin and skin irritations as ceramides have important barrier properties in the skin
- Nourishes the skin with milk lipids and effectively moisturizes skin due to the liposomes.
To bring it home, we added Tomato Lycopene which is an extract from the fruit, leaf, and stem of Moroccan tomatoes. Lycopene is a well-known antioxidant carotenoid and phytonutrient.
- Rich source of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant
- Makes aged or UV-stressed skin look more youthful and regenerated
- Improves skin hydration and reduces wrinkle appearance
Country of Origin: France
And last, but never least, we packed Fly Girl with oils like we were packing your face suitcase:
Borage - Has a huge amount of Gamma Linolenic Acid to regenerate, firm and rejuvenate... and, it has Ferulic acid, which protects and soothes damage caused by sun and weather.
Tamanu - Considered sacred in Tahiti and referred to as "green gold." Regenerates, diminishes scarring, great for chapping, and evidently treats leprosy (just to be on the safe side.)
Abyssinian Oil - It's light, it penetrates easily and it replaces any lipids you may have lost along your journey or left in your seat back pocket.
Raspberry - Helps to guard your skin against the sun and gives you maximum moisture without feeling greasy.
Sea Buckthorn - Means "Shiny Horse" in Greek because it was fed to Greek horses to make their coasts exceptionally shiny and healthy. Pegasus is said to have favored the leaves of the plant above all other food. It has the ability to heal wounds and also guards against UV exposure. And... it's loaded with Vitamin A.
This is all mixed with Mango Butter, Cupuaçu Butter, Green Tea and Shea Butter. Amen.
Deionized Water, Organic Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Palm Stearic Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, Ceramide 3, Beta Glucan, EcoCert Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuaçu) Butter, Organic Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack), Saccharomyces / Sea Mineral Ferment, Chamomilla Matricaria Flower Extract (Chamomile), Camellia Sinensis (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ganoderma Lucidum (Mannentake Mushroom) Extract & Lentinus Edodes (Shiitake Mushroom) Extract, Algae Extract, Polyglyceryl-3 Stearate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerine (Vegetable), Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sodium Levulinate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract.